Sea charter tourism is on the rise and more people have started preferring to spend a relaxing time on the sea during their vacation. They want to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the touristy places. There’s always something magical about spending time with your loved ones in the sea with the winds hitting your face. The two popular choices are catamarans and yachts.
Choose the ideal vessel for your needs:
Yachts resonate with luxury while catamarans are about comfort. The choice depends on your group size, how many hours you are likely to spend on the vessel and budget. Those travelling as a family group including toddlers and elderly generally prefer catamarans since they find them spacious and more comfortable.
Australia has a thriving sea tourism scene and it’s not hard to see why since it has been informally addressed as the island country. If you are looking for catamaran hire Sydney, visit the website of Champagne Sailing Sydney. They are of the top charter lines in Sydney and offer a handful of options to choose from. Set sail with them and enjoy the beauty of Sydney harbor.
Differences between catamarans and yachts:
Learn the basic differences between both before you charter a vessel. Both vary by their design, sailing style and ability to handle bad weather.
- Comfort: Catamarans have 2 hulls, broader and thus offers more room to move around. The deck and rooms are bigger. Large groups generally choose catamarans. Yachts are quite small with narrow rooms and ideal for small groups. Large groups can also opt for yachts if they don’t mind the space issue.
- Stability: Catamarans handle heavy wind better than yachts. They hardly heel beyond 5 degrees and you won’t feel the wobbling much making it perfect for seasick people and your things won’t be rolling form the table. Some find catamarans to be a safer option. Yachts though safe are less stable even when anchored.
- Thrill and fun factor: Catamarans sail smoothly which may not suit the likings of those who want to feel the rush of the wind in their face and wobble. Yachts are exciting that way.
- Extravagance and style: Yachts are all about extravagance and sophistication while catamarans are more like a comfortable floating house/ hotel. It has a homely feel to it.
- Fuel-efficiency: Catamarans consume less fuel and are thus more fuel-efficient. This is one of the reasons catamarans are less expensive than yachts.
- Speed: Yachts are faster and provide better technical control when compared to catamaran.
Catamarans and yachts appear similar but are very different. Both these vessels are perfect in their own ways and the choice comes down to your personal preference. Both offer different sailing experience and guarantee a cozy vacation.
Choose the best boat rental company to make the most of your time at sea. Since there are number of cruise lines, take time to choose a company with a good reputation and years of experience. Your choice of cruise line does make a huge difference.